Bloq – Coronavirus Policy
In relation to recent events, we are issuing our plan in regards to the current pandemic.
We have the following in place to provide continuity of service:
- All of our block managers and office staff are home working and are set up to be able to take your calls and answer emails as well as manage our contractors and maintenance for sites. We have full PPE and a staff policy to support our block managers visits to site and we advise buildings when we need to do so in order that they, and any visiting contractors, can be given the space to carry out their necessary work.
- We have an Ireland-based call handler that has continued to take calls out of hours on behalf of Bloq and whose staff are also working from home with an unaffected commitment to their support.
It should be noted however that although we may be able to handle and process calls, some issues may not be able to be rectified immediately due to availability of our contractors who are reviewing and working within their own safety policies. Where a service may not be able to be offered due to contractor availability we will keep residents and leaseholders informed.
To help protect our staff and engineers we are postponing any work that requires entry inside an apartment and focusing on work accessible from communal areas only. In order to help us ensure we and you are kept safe. please make us aware of any cases of Coronavirus within the building where you live or anyone vulnerable or quarantining.
We need to ask all residents to play your part in this as responsibly as possible.
- Please follow the Government advice. Sign up to the updates issued ( https://www.gov.uk/email-signup?link=/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response ) and limit your movements, and therefore traffic on the common areas.
- Please treat the building and its services with care and respect. We cannot deliver our usual service if further restrictions on travel are imposed by Government or people in the supply chain are taken ill or quarantining. There’s a real need to minimise wear and tear and avoid more than ever breakdowns through misuse.
- Please take your own precautions and manage your own safety, in the same way that you would in any other environment outside of your front door. Wear gloves. Carry and use a hand sanitiser, and wash your hands when entering and leaving your home.
- Please observe the rules on social distancing.
- If there’s a Facebook group for your building, join it and reach out to your neighbours.
While things are heading towards a relaxation of some of the rules, we are aware that this is subject to change. In the event of an increased emergency level we would ask that only genuine emergencies are called through to the office, or if required the emergency service on 999. Should this be the case we will update you further and our office phone line will offer advice on how to progress your issue.
This policy will be reviewed regularly and as things change we will update as necessary.
BRISTOL WASTE: https://www.bristolwastecompany.co.uk/
Sign up to latest alerts from the government: https://www.gov.uk/email-signup?link=/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response