Bloq – Coronavirus Policy
In relation to recent events, we are issuing our plan in regards to the current pandemic. Currently a normal service is in place however there may be issues if any of our staff are affected or when/if directives are issued from government or the WHO.
We have the following in place to provide continuity of service:
- All of our block managers and office staff are fully equipped for home working at short notice should the requirement for self-isolation or should government guidelines mean they are required to do so. They will still therefore be able to take your calls and answer emails.
- We have an Ireland-based call handler that will continue to take calls out of hours on behalf of Bloq and whose staff are also set up to be able to work from home should that be required.
It should be noted however that although we may be able to handle and process calls, if things evolve, we are likely not to be able to progress issues because we fully expect contractors and service providers to have their own delivery issues when their staff and engineers become unavailable.
Furthermore, we could not request contractors to attend any site where we are aware of contagion or even self-isolating persons. Please make us aware of any cases of Coronavirus within the building where you live.
We need to ask all residents to play your part in this as responsibly as possible.
- Please follow the Government advice. Sign up to the updates issued ( https://www.gov.uk/email-signup?link=/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response ) and restrict your movements, and therefore traffic on the common areas.
- Please treat the building and its services with care and respect. We cannot deliver our usual service if further restrictions on travel are imposed by Government or people in the supply chain are taken ill or isolating. There’s a real need to minimise wear and tear and avoid more than ever breakdowns through misuse.
- Please take your own precautions and manage your own safety, in the same way that you would in any other environment outside of your front door. Wear gloves. Carry and use a hand sanitiser, and wash your hands when entering and leaving your home.
- Please observe the rules on social distancing.
- If there’s a Facebook group for your building, join it and reach out to your neighbours.
In the event of an increased emergency level we would ask that only genuine emergencies are called through to the office, or if required the emergency service on 999. Should this be the case we will update you further and our office phone line will offer advice on how to progress your issue.
This policy will be reviewed regularly and as things change we will update as necessary.
BRISTOL WASTE: https://www.bristolwastecompany.co.uk/
Sign up to latest alerts from the government: https://www.gov.uk/email-signup?link=/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response